Summer Singles League
June 27, 2017
Attending: Bill Gibson (C1), Rich RIce (C2), Dan Simoneau (A), Keith Laliberte (MF), Ron Michaud (QCPL Pres), Sue Novak (QCPL secretary), Tom LeBlanc (QCPL treasurer).
Absent: Rick Campbell (C3)
Location: Cercle at 6 PM
1. League Accounting & Collecting Fees – Two teams will be turning in their dues for last week on Thursday. Tom stated that the Summer Singles League currently has $750 in the safe. Please keep up the good work submitting fees in a timely manner.
2. Handicap Changes - Two handicaps were adjusted. Ryan Boisvert was dropped to a 4 and Rick Campbell was raised to a 5. These changes only affect future matches.
1. Player stats – Player states for the first 8 weeks of play are available. I have posted them on the site for everyone to see. Remember in order to play in playoffs at least 6 matches must be played during the league. Please keep this in mind.
2. Pay-out Suggestion – It was voted to pay $125 to Sue Novak for the stats work performed for the summer league. (Thank you!) The 1st place team will receive $600, 2nd $400, 3rd $150. Player having the highest % of pockets made will receive $50, the most 6-pocket runs $75, the most 5-pocket runs $50, the most 4-pocket runs $25, and the most 3-pocket runs $25. A player can only receive one pay-out prize even if they qualify for more than one and they must have played at least 6 matches to be eligible for a pay-out.
3. Playoffs – The format for future summer league play-offs was discussed and a vote was taken. It was decided that the top three teams would make the play-offs and of the remaining teams a “wildcard” would be drawn. Every remaining team would have an equal opportunity to get the “wildcard”. This will be drawn at the final meeting before the playoffs.
Next meeting – will be held on August 15, 2017 at 6 PM at the Cercle. The “wildcard” team will be drawn. Everyone is invited to attend the drawing.