Summer Singles League
August 15, 2017
Invited: Bill Gibson (C1), Rich Rice (C2), Dan Simoneau (A), Keith Laliberte (MF), Sue Novak (QCPL secretary), Rick Campbell (C3).
Absent: Ron Michaud, Tom Leblanc
Location: Cercle at 6 PM
1. League Accounting & Collecting Fees – Report final total in fund.
2. Handicap Changes - Any handicap changes will be put in place for the Friday night league. It was felt that the player stats would be sent to the handicap committee to determine who should be adjusted. Sue will put this together with our suggestions for automatic adjustment and consider adjusting; she will also look at all the past results and add a column for the ratings of the players played.
The suggestion was
To go up player MUST have a greater than +45% pockets made difference AND greater than 60% match wins
To go down player MUST have a greater than -45% pockets made difference AND less than 20% match wins
To go up player MUST have between +35% -- +45% pockets made difference AND between 45% -- 60% match wins
To go down player MUST have between -35% -- -45% pockets made difference AND between 20% -- 30% wins
Already at the top or bottom rating regardless of +/- % pocket difference
Player is between -35% -- +35% pocket difference and has between 30-45% wins
1. Player stats – Final player stats are available. These will be used to vote on payouts. To determine, when there was a tied, who would win we used the player who had the highest percentage of pockets made for their matches played.
Most 6 pocket runs ($75) – Choneyi Tenzin - 2
Most 5 pocket runs ($50) – Ron Michaud - 1
Most 4 pocket runs ($25) – Ricky Miller - 2
Most 3 pocket runs ($25) – John Arel - 5
Highest percentage of pockets made ($50) – Nicki Richard – 95.24%
2. Playoffs – Draw wild card team – To choose the wild card team the two teams involved the highest poker hand was used in a 5 card draw.
3. Playoff Match ups - The team finishing highest in league play will play the wildcard team, second place will play third place. Therefore, Cercle 2 @ Cercle 1 and Alpine @ Cercle 3. All teams will play a second week as the two winning teams will play for first and the two losing teams will play for third.
4. Presentation of awards to be held – it was felt that since nearly all the teams would be playing at the Cercle on Thursday, August 17th, we should make the presentation of individual awards just before the matches begin.