September 5, 2019
Eric Bourgeois (Cercle 69) Rich Soares, Steve Lafond (Davignon IV)
Paul Cere, Ray Paquin (Davignon 1), (Eastside),
George Carter (My Friends), Jim Kelly (Deerhead)
Eric Milanese, John Laliberte, (Davignon 2) Cori Donaldson, (Cercle 1),
(British) Jon Robillard (Cercle 3),
Lenny Pappas Jr. (Pres) Sue Novak (Secretary),
Eric Bourgeois (V-Pres)
Location: Davignon Meeting called to order: 6:30 PM
Absent: Tom LeBlanc (Treasurer), LaRonn Massey (British), Bob Tanner (Eastside
Guest: Denis Bolduc
1. Initial Rosters were set and the new handicap system worked on over the summer months was reviewed. A Team Handicap will be used based on the individual player handicaps. No handicap will exceed 12 points. Handicap during league play can exceed 30 but will be capped at 30 points in the playoffs. If the score is tied at the end of the night the team not receiving points will be the winner of the match.
Each team gets a score which is used to determine handicap. This is done by totaling the individual handicaps, dividing by the number of players on the team and then multiplying it by 10 as that is how many can play in a night. Handicap points are determined taking half the difference between team handicap and then multiplying it by a whatever number is needed so that the top handicap does not exceed 12 points. During the first 4 weeks this will adjust as players are added/deleted from the initial roster and will not be finalized until the next meeting when rosters are final.
Regardless of who plays that night the handicap points are already determined.
2. Ghost players can be used. It will need to be stated by the third match that a ghost player is needed. If matches are running late, players who have not yet played, are only required to stay until 11 pm (in case of emergency/illness may leave earlier). The lowest rating player on the team needing the ghost, remaining at the club, will be the player playing the ghost match.
3. Playoffs teams 1-8 will play in the playoffs in the same format of the past, teams 9-10 will play their own match and the winner will receive money at the banquet and be recognized as the having finished last in the league. This match will take place at a club determined at the end of league play depending on the availability of tables or at the Cercle because a table will be available.
4. Cercle has 4 tables - the two in the front hall are in the smoking section, the two in the back hall are in the non-smoking section. At least one table will be available to the non-league playing clientele on Friday nights.
1. Player fees Will be $20 for the year and paid in full the first half. Players added in the second half and who did not play in the first half, will also owe $20. This money goes to the banquet. Fees must be paid by the end of first half of play and by week 4 in the second half of play. This works out to less than $1 per week unlike other leagues who charge $7-10 per night of play.
2. Handicap changes - The following players were brought up for consideration.
No change -
Placed on watch list
Recently increased (was it appropriate?) -
3. Next meeting will be October 8th at 6:30 PM, at the Cercle National